I need Help!!

I posted earlier about my daughter not sleeping last night, at all. When I went to the doctors he told me she was teething. I give her motrin every 6 hours and try to get her to take her normal nap so I can some what get some sleep to function but she only sleeps for a half in hour instead of two hours. She's extremely whiny and tired, and all she wants is to be held. I have no family in the area and my boyfriend was in the hospital all night last night and had work today. I cant find her orajel anywhere and her teething ring isnt working. Is there anything that i can do to make her feel better and possibly get some sleep

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you have pretzels that she can chew on? Obviously you have to be careful and watch her but that can help to break up the gums. if youre desperate to sleep try taking a nap with her. just lay down with her for a couple hours and try to rest. Im sorry, I wish I had more advicce! good luck
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Have you tried laying down and napping with her? Is she only sleeping for 30 mins in your arms or in a crib?
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• try letting her naw on a ringed out wet and cool wash cloth. I would wet in ring it out then put it in the freezer for a few minutes it helped my son. Ss for napping just let her nap with you.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• tylenol works better on my little one, also try plastic toys, pacifiers- anything they wont choke on. Try orajel, baby anbesol, ice cubes tied up in a wash cloth, or you can even rub her gums with a clean finger. distraction also helps, get a light up music toy.... hope this was helpful, we are going through it right now, i sympathize my dear!!!
    androidpop

Answer by androidpop at 8:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Try letting your little one chew on a large piece of Jerky. She won't choke because she cant bite it off. it worked really well for my daughter.
    momma5708

Answer by momma5708 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Do you swaddle your baby? They like being swaddled. If she is too big for that, there is the Magic Sleepsuit.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a mesh feeder? Put some chunks of apple in the freezer and give it to her in a mesh feeder (let it defrost slightly first so that it isn't too hard)...they love the taste and it will really help the teeth. Also, Baby Einstein. It won't kill her to sit in front of the tv and watch a movie to get her mind off of it. I also got this stuff when I was in Toronto called Camilia for teething...it helps my daughter but I haven't ever seen it here in the States. Gripe Water might help too - sometimes teething causes upset tummies.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2009