I care for my 2 yr old god daughter. she vomits just about everyday with her mom. She has done it a few times with me and its very upsetting. Im afraid that if it keeps happening when i have her 48 hrs out of the week that i wont be able to keep her? help

my god daughter makes herself vomit almost everyday with her mother. She has only done it a few times in her 2 yrs of life. but she did it recently with me and iam afraid i wont be able to keep her if it happens more

soakai1

Asked by soakai1 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You said she makes herself throw up...is she doing this as an attention getter? If it is then I would make sure not to make a big deal about it or talk about it around her, maybe even make her help clean it up.....Does she only do it with certain foods? She may have a sensory thing and avoid that food...Is mom bulemic by any chance? THe she may be imitaing her... Has mom talked to the doctor about this? When you say you wont be able to keep her what do you mean?
    BrisMom

Answer by BrisMom at 8:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• well i dont have enough info but its sounds like she is feeling a loss of control and uses her vomit to control the adults and others in her enviroment...ignore her, don't give her any positive or negative attention and just clean it up. if that doesnt work i would def reccommend a behavioral psychologist...
    JTNMD711

Answer by JTNMD711 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i keep her from sunday afternoons to tuesday evenings, since she was born. i love this child like she is mine as do my family and it kills me to see her get so upset and crying all the time when she is with her mother and thats when she vomits!her mom does make a very big deal about it when it happens. i offer advise to her and she doesnt listen. the baby is so different around us. she eats and sleeps and plays and laughs, and did i mention sleeps!!!! in her own bed at my house and even takes naps none of which she does with mom. mom is also my good friend but.....what do i do
    soakai1

Answer by soakai1 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• sounds like something in her life is out of her control. Its sounds messed up but call a doctor and tell them what she is doing... I think you need some profesional advice..
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I just read your thing again. This sounds rude but is her mom a good mom.. would she do anything to put harm in her daughters way of any kind.. sounds like little girl is having something wrong going on at home. doesn't feel safe.
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Honestly, the crying until she throws up sounds like a meltdown of sorts. Does this child seem to have developmental issues?
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2009