Do you think homosexuality should be illegal? Why?

Some of the comments in the post about the US signing the UN gay rights text, which if you bothered to read the article linked simply calls for worldwide decriminalization of homosexuality, made me wonder.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 7:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• nope.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No, never. This is America... we're supposed to be free here. And if being gay was a "sin"..... "God" as most people like to label the higher power, would have never made them like that. I think to make it illegal is discrimination.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 7:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• that would be ridiculous
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No.

Everybody deserves to be happy. Love is love. Why should people hide who they are.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 7:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i would be horrified if anyone thought they had the right to take away the peoples freedom of sexuality.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 7:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no, it's something no one has any control over and it doesn't harm anyone(just cause people are prejudice doesn't make it wrong or harmful). That's stupid.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I find it as criminal as breathing.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• HELL NO!!!! People need to be allowed to love and marry, yes i said marry whom ever they want to. Who are we as Humans to tell people who and who not to love.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Didn't read it, although I understand some homosexual acts are still illegal in some states.
    I don't care anything about homosexuality. Not an issue here.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Nope

That said, I don't think it matters if we sign a UN resolution about it, either. The UN telling a country not to do something is about as effective as those parents who watch their kid beat another kid upside the head with a baseball bat and say, "now now Smoochiepoo, don't do that again or I'll have to think about putting you in time out."
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009