Candidiasis or Candida Albicans (It's a long question but please read!)

This is embarassing, but I have had constant vaginal discomfort since I gave birth almost 5 months ago and I'm getting really frustrated with my clinic (I've switched doctors 3 times). First it was a UTI (which was treated twice with antibiotics and lingered for almost three months), then it was bacterial vaginosis which won't go away with treatment and now I have a yeast infection which I'm pretty sure I've had since the birth of my daughter 5 months ago but somehow they never detected it even after a million tests. I was reading on the internet and I have symptoms of Candidiasis (cramping, bloating, fatique, pain, etc). Has anyone ever had experience with this illness and what kind of treatments are there. I live in a poduck town with a crappy clinic, should I see a specialist in a city that's two hours away? I'm fed up with the discomfort and stupid doctors! It's getting in the way of taking care of my baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• I'd head to the city, no sense in suffering any longer! Good luck!
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 8:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009