Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Candidiasis or Candida Albicans (It's a long question but please read!)

This is embarassing, but I have had constant vaginal discomfort since I gave birth almost 5 months ago and I'm getting really frustrated with my clinic (I've switched doctors 3 times). First it was a UTI (which was treated twice with antibiotics and lingered for almost three months), then it was bacterial vaginosis which won't go away with treatment and now I have a yeast infection which I'm pretty sure I've had since the birth of my daughter 5 months ago but somehow they never detected it even after a million tests. I was reading on the internet and I have symptoms of Candidiasis (cramping, bloating, fatique, pain, etc). Has anyone ever had experience with this illness and what kind of treatments are there. I live in a poduck town with a crappy clinic, should I see a specialist in a city that's two hours away? I'm fed up with the discomfort and stupid doctors! It's getting in the way of taking care of my baby!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

Answers (1)
  • I'd head to the city, no sense in suffering any longer! Good luck!

    Answer by msmikkle at 8:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.