My 6 week old has red rashy scaly cheeks. At first I thought it was just baby acne but the skin is really dry and looks more like a rash than bumps. Should I worry or will it just go away?

Kennedysmom210

Asked by Kennedysmom210 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like eczema mom. I would start putting some Eucerin cream on it daily. I have also found that giving my dd a bath in Dove sensitive skin formula has helped my dd A LOT.

I know you want your baby to smell like those sweet baby washes but they can be harsh on eczema. Try those two things and you should see an improvement.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I work at a pediatrician's office, and I see alot of this. It does sound like eczema. We always recommend Eucerin. Good Luck!
    twiztidnurse

Answer by twiztidnurse at 8:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• sounds like eczema, either eucerin or aveeno oatmeal lotion will work for it..if it doesnt go to the pediatrician!
    JTNMD711

Answer by JTNMD711 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• it could be eczema like other moms have said or he could be allergic to something, my nephew's cheeks were always like this and finally my sister-in-law switched laundry detergent and it completely went away.
    vadasmommy

Answer by vadasmommy at 8:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009