• In the Spotlight:

Am I the only SAHM WHO...

Does basically everything....cook...dishes...vaccum...laundrey...pay the bills....run errands.....take care of three kiddo's...mow and weedeat our 4 acre yard.... pressure wash our home...take care of our garden....My hubby is the main bread winner he works 14 days off 7 he is gone alot and on his days off i dont expect him to do a darn thing...PPL are always like it must be nice to stay home all day not trying to offend anyone but if a SAHM does her duties she will stay busy, But it does offend me when other people think they are above us sahm we work just as hard if not harder then someone who works outside the home...we never have days off and the house would fall apart with out us.

WvMommyof3

Asked by WvMommyof3 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I am a SAHW /SAHM and I do all of those things too.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 8:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You are not alone....WOW, I feel like I'm all alone. It's nice to see that there are others.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 8:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• you are so strong to be able to do all that!!!!!! i applaud you!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I was right there with you up until the mowing and weedeater.. My husband does all the yard work. and there were weeks it got neglected and times I hired a kid at church to do the yard

Maybe you should start expecting him to do things on his days off.if you do everything and not expect him to, he probably won't. You're going to burn out if you can't take a break and have him take something over. Trust me. I had 3 baby boys in 3 years, all withh alergies, 2 with asthma, 2 with autismm. You need to stop doing everything.

but it doesn't offend me when people say those things about being nice to stay home. 2 reasons. 1- I know the truth about what I do all day
    2- it IS NICE to get to be a SAHM. I'd never want to have to go to work.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have been honest with myself and I am not physically or mentally able to handle all of that right now... I can't wait until my kids are in school, I feel like I will be a better house keeper. Luckily we don't have a lawn or anything, however I think I would delegate the outside chores to my husband. He works about 60 hours a week (he's a personal trainer so about half of that is down time when he is just at the gym since he gets a salary in addition to his hourly and commission) but I still think it's good for both of us to do things. I do the majority of the things around the house but I think it makes us appreciate each other more and the things each other does more when we both are responsible for things. Plus my hubby is awesome and cleans the kitchen all the time for me since I hate it. I do the living room and he does the kitchen! I love that man!
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I do most everything, yes.
    Sometimes he helps fix stuff thats broken or helps with yardwork but thats about it.
    He has one day off a week and works 10 hrs a day the other 6. So he's pooped by days end and has no umph to do much else.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Not any more because my husband works 8 hours a day 5 days a week and he's home to help out and our sons are older. I do the inside stuff, the guys do the lawn care, I pay the bills and hubby and I run errands and grocery shop together. When my husband worked 6 or 7 days a week/16-20 hours a day I did everything...housework, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, errand running, child care. We only have 2 children still at home and they are 17 and 18 & hubby is home by 5-6 every night and he has 2 days a week off so, things have shifted now.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• So what about the working moms who do all that plus have a real job?
    Anonymous

• Being a mom is a REAL job "lady".

Working in or out of the home is very real, if you cant see that its too bad.
    Anonymous

• Well, if you have a spouse and you both work and you do it all while he lazes around after a full day of work then I would say that you have a husband who is a POC Anon 9:15.
    Anonymous