• In the Spotlight:

grinding teeth on chair

My son is starting to put his teeth and mouth around the metal part of the chair are rubbing or grinding them around the bottom in a circle....hard to explain but is this gonna hurt his teeth? No metal or anything can come off I am just worried about his teeth.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter never did that with metal but we have the teeth marks on our coffee table to prove she did it. The reason she was doing it was because she was teething. Maybe he is getting teeth in. Try getting him something else to chew on.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 8:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think that's why they make teething bars on crib now. My son chewed on tables, shopping carts, his stroler, you name it!! He would even grind his 4 teeth he has now together. GROSS!!! ANyway, his teeth are fine so I wouldn't be too worried. He'll grow out of it.
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 9:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My DS loved to chew on keys when he was this age! It freaked me out! I thought he was going to break a tooth and I was always taking them away from him. He's now 7 and his teeth are fine! Now my LO (19 months) doesn't prefer metal, he likes the rubbery things and I'm afraid he's going to bite something off and choke!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2009