I know none of you can diagnose me, but I still want to know if people are like this..

When I am in a good mood I am very happy, I want to do things, I'm hyper-ish, and just cheerful and full of energy.
But certain things can put me in a deep depression to where I feel lethargic, I don't want to do anything, I don't want to move from my one spot, I don't want to talk, I'm mad, isolated and I feel so lazy when I get like this, and it's often. I go for days, even weeks depending on who/what triggered it. I have a lot of wounds, I know, but why am I going in and out like this? I can sit in one spot all day, I can't bring myself to do anything. I feel like..I don't know how to really describe it, but like I'm a failure and I have no purpose to be a mom, to clean, to get outside, to talk or anything. Idk, it's weird. Did anyone experience this in and out thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• In a way I am also like that. Today things are just hard and scary and its easy to be distracted and put down or let down. Talk to your doctor about it you could possibly have depression or you could be bipolar, It's also really good to have someone you can talk to regularly about your feelings!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Go see your Dr.If you don't mind me asking how old are you? I have Bipolar,and taking meds. good luck,but please go get help.may just be bouts of depression.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend like this. She has bipolar disorder. Medication controls it for her.

Answer by Bmat at 8:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Sounds just like me, and I have Bipolar Disorder! It's a horrible life to live most of the time, I fight this disorder daily...I wouldn't wish it on anyone! I hope you get some good insight here, take care.
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 8:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I feel you need to go talk to your doctor. It sounds like you could benefit from some medication. Good luck
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 8:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My 1st thought was Bipolar as well :(
    Mommyof2blondys

Answer by Mommyof2blondys at 1:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would talk to a counselor. And then move to a psychiatrist if recommended. Sounds like bi-polar disorder to me as well but your primary care physician will likely give you a script and walk you out the door.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009