Do You Know Of Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?

I am wanting to find something I could do that was work from home, something legit, obviously, that doesn't require a phone line, as we don't have a house phone. Any help would be super.

sebanasmommy

Asked by sebanasmommy at 8:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, but they are extremely difficult to find. I know of several Data Entry and Admin jobs which are legitimate. People push surveys as work, but most of those are scams. If you want legitimate survey sites you have to look for group studies. I have spent HOURS searching the internet and have come up with several.  Good luck. If you need help appling let me know.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I sell Avon and Usborne Books and make great money. Its very easy to do and low start up costs. Like you can start Avon for $20 and that gets all of your catalogs for two campaigns! And you can start Usborne for $69 and it gets you a bunch of books to show and all of your supplies and you can earn a refund check for it if you do well in your incentive period. Email me. I'd love to talk to you about it!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I searched for these about a year ago and found alot of contract type work. I'll see if I can find my notes or try to remember how I pulled some up. There are some out there. I actually do work at home for a "company" now for 11 years. Insurance claims examiner. I know Aetna and Cigna have work at home jobs but you have to work in their office for about 1 to 2 years before they send you home to work. If you can get in the door sometimes the 1-2 yr sacrifice is worth it.
    I didn't do that, I already had over 10 years experience.

I decided the work at home was not for me anymore. At least not from a company, mine has too many restrictions and rules that I am tired of. I want more freedom. I found a Direct Sales company that fit my needs. I researched it and knew it was right for me. I have far exceeded and almost at my full time salary now. I am available if you need information on either.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• That type of thing is going to be rather hard to find. Data Entry jobs are rare but are out there. Check in to getting a MagicJack. They will let you have a phone through your computer for just $19.95 a year. The unit costs about $45 but that includes your first year of service. Then you would be able to do almost any wah job.
    I do have a list of legit WAH Jobs on my site as well as some home businesses and other money makers. I'll be updating it today or tomorrow to add some new stuff so make sure to check back.

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You should check out ChaCha! I work for them now and have referred many people. You have to apply, train, and pass a series of tests before they will hire you. I am a Guide and I answer questions online as they are texted in by people. They aren't hiring for Guides right now, but they are looking for Expiditors. Expiditors place the questions we get into categories as they come in and pass them on to the Guides to be answered. You get paid per question that you do :) Check out my profile and read my journal entry about it. Let me know if you have any questions.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 10:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am a work from home mom and I am partnered with a Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. My daughter has never gone to daycare because I found a real work from home job. I do not sell. I do receive a check once a month. I do have a website that you could go to if interested......

http://www.iluvwhatido.com

This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau.

cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009