AM I wrong for not wanting him to do it?

My fiancee is a liscenced tatttoo artist but he does not work out of a shop (he has waivers and keeps docutmentations) everything is totally legal he just doesnt wan to work in shop cuz he makes more by not.. well someone asked him to do a tattoo of the trix rabbit.. well she sent the pic today and it was so disgusting im not even going to post the picture.. he was holding a gun to LITTLE GIRLS head.. witha word bubble thats says "give me the f-ing cereal or the lil b---h gets it" i was DISGUSTED and told him i didnt even want him to do it. he agrees the pic is wrong but not illegal and any shop will do it.. he says hell charge her extra just ebcause it wrong but i dont even want his name behind something like that.. yeh we need the money but not THAT bad.. am i overreacting? or am i right for not wanting him to do it?

what would you do?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Its all about personal convictions and since your on cafemom I assume you have kids. And you have to consdier you do you want your kids to do something they know is wrong just for money?

Anonymous

• ROTFLMBO! I'm sorry, I can see why you guys wouldn't want to do it, but it IS funny!
    Anonymous

• IMO he should think long term.
    Does he want to be an artist he will put his name to any ol' work or does he want his name to be associated with good work in "good taste."
    If the bottom line is money and the long term of his name doesn't matter- then it is work and he should just do it.
    But if he wants his name to have a certain acclaim in a few years he should not do it or make a suggestion more suited to what he thinks is better.

Good luck.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I feel like if he is a true tattoo artist then he would tat what the client wants
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 10:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't think your wrong. Stick with your morals and if he chooses to do it anyway at least you know you done everything in your power to stop him.
    jamicofer

Answer by jamicofer at 10:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I personally wouldn't want to have that for myself, but if he is a tattoo artist and did work in a shop, you pretty much do what the customer wants. If he doesn't, they will go to someone else. So you might as well get the money for it. It is not like he is putting it on himself....that would be a whole different story.

Anonymous