Why are so many parent's in an uproar over...

Dora's new look? I think she looks better!

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 8:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I read that they're NOT replacing the old Dora. This is just an extension, and my dd who was a toddler when Dora started thinks the new version is "cool". It's not a new show, it's just an interactive doll. It's aimed at 5- 8 year olds and since I have both a 6 and an 8 year old who watched Dora when they were in pre-school I think it's kind of cool. I think she looks really cute!Some moms must have nothing better to do than complain about their kids' t.v. viewing.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• whats her new look?
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have no clue she looks good to me she is just growing and kids do grow .... I love Dora ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't think it is so much the new look as it is the change in format of her show. It's going to be geared towards "tweens" now and she's going to be a normal, middle schooler rather than a hero going on jungle adventures. I think people think they're taking Dora away from little kids OR encouraging little kids to watch a new Dora that's no longer geared towards her old "younger" audience.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/family/blog/2009/03/new_dora_no_thank_you.html
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• She has longer hair, wears earrings and does not wear her backpack anymore.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I heard she and Diego are having twins
    Anonymous

• k' neither I, nor do my children watch Dora, but did look it up out of curiosity... she looks cute! as for the only negative article I could find on it about her "new-look", well it's weird.  I have a child that wears headbands, has hair halfway down her legs it's so long, and wears leggings with long shirts... seriously she looks cute, matching clothes (major improvement), and is modestly dressed but in a fashion that is still current.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• dora looks differnet
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Don't watch Dora, my boys all booo when I tease them with girl shows,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• They are still going to air the older Dora and sell the same toys, just adding this new one for the older kids.

Anonymous