what haircut would help thin my face?

i want to get a cut that will help thin my face! i think i have a sqaure face shape

and ideas??

mywilber

Asked by mywilber at 8:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Google hairstyles for square face
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• With the square face, you want a hairstyle that has a softer, rounded silhouette. Choose a style that features layers to allow for some volume on the sides, and possibly razoring on the ends to give a smooth curve to the finish. Regardless of the overall length of the style, there should be layers toward the front which curve inward at the jaw line. Style the hair using large rollers (or large-barreled curling iron) to give the fullness and roundness you need.

I pulledthis from hairfinder.com. Its the same thing I used when thinking about my haircut too :-)
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Go on lifetime.com and you can upload your pic there and it will match you up.
    Anonymous

• Im a hairdresser. im going to give this a guess...which is crazy, because with out seeing your eyes & shape of your jaw, it makes it very hard. It really important to take into account your entire face not just your face shape. Do you like long hair or short, medium? is your face a short square or a long shaped square. because of its short...no bangs. long..maybe i would suggest bangs. eyes close together then a slide cut, peiced at the sides - cute!(great for long hair or medium try a combo of the slide cut & bob) or a short - hair = bob at the chin or just below the chin,...the hair cut squared. Yes, i said squared. It takes the illision from your face to your hair. Style it with a flip up..way to cute. Again, without seeing you, its hard to make a suggestion accurately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• thanks! i tried to put a pic up in my question but it woulnd't let me
    mywilber

Answer by mywilber at 11:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The longer the better,and layers!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 11:34 AM on Mar. 21, 2009