Does anyone else have this problem?

my jaw pops everytime i open it or i chew. my doctor said that it is not TMJ. but occasionally when i open my mouth and it pops it locks when i shut it. then i cant open my mouth more then a half and inch without being in pain. i have to just wait til it unlocks it self and sometimes it has taken 5 or more hrs to do so. does anyone else have this problem and if so what do you do?

marinewife1987

Asked by marinewife1987 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• my is recently starting to pop or click when i chew but hasnt gotten stuck. my hubby has tmj where his jaw locks up time to time he told me he just exercises his jaw by moving it in circular motions slightly. this helps him from it not locking up i guess
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• thanks. ill try that
    marinewife1987

Answer by marinewife1987 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think you need a second opinion. I've had TMJ for years and that is exactly what you are describing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009