I feel bad...

I work full time from 5am-145pm and then come home and take care of my daughter because her daddy works nights. Sometimes when I get home im so frustrated and irritated with everything that I dont even wanna play with my 10 month old. Every little thing she does frustrates me from time to time. Dont get me wrong. Its not everyday and I love my little girl very much I just dont know what to do to try to stay calm. I want to be more playful with my baby and not so exhausted.

momma5708

Asked by momma5708 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my suggestion would be to hold off on her nap until you get there take a nap together and then go from there. I know that I am not full of advice but I have two children and that is what me and my husband would do to work it out while I was working.
    sexzy99kitty04

Answer by sexzy99kitty04 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Of course you love her! You're still allowed to be tired and annoyed. Try to make sure there's a little time for yourself, just you, in there. That's what makes a difference for me trying to balance everything. Try not to hold yourself to some ideal... just try to enjoy her with whatever energy you have. You'll have more some days than others.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i completely understand how you feel - and i dont work, well i do, but only 2 weekends a month.

either way, i think the nap idea is great. my daughter is 8.5 months old and she sort of sets her own nap schedule. its pretty consistent, but i dont like to lay her down unless she is tired. she is teething really bad right now so she is sleeping a little more than normal.

also, when you first get home, if she isn't ready for a nap, try seeing if you can have her play by herself for a little bit. i dont know how much she is moving around or anything, but i know there are times where i have to put my LO in her saucer so that i can get things done or just relax a minute.

good luck. don't feel bad. it is hard to balance your time, mommy time, work time, hubby time, etc. Keep your head up! :-)
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I totally know how you feel..Don't feel like you are the only one...It's normal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I know how you feel when I worked full time.. SO tired. Is there anyway your family could make due and be ok if you got a job working part time. I know this sounds dumb but your husband will probably be alot happier because there is two people helping more then one cuz ones always at work. I always think if you put things like this in gods hands he will provide.. Your little girl is only little once.....
    Anonymous