Dental Appt.

My daughter is 2 years old,, and she has to have some dental work done.. The procedure will take about an 1 1/2 to 2 hours. She will have to be put to sleep for this. I'm kinda scared...I really don't know what to expect, can anyone help me out with this...thanks so much...

chloesmom712

Asked by chloesmom712 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What kind of dental work is she having done?
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son has had to be put under several times, not for dental work tho. He's had his tonsils & adenoids out, an inguinal hernia repair and had a few moles taken off. Do you know if they are going to put a breathing tube down her throat? If they do, she may have a sore throat afterwards. Other than that, my son was always pretty confused when he woke up, sometimes crying. He was younger when he had the T&A and he was pretty upset when he woke up from surgery. The hernia surgery was just last year, he did pretty good waking up. He did get sick from the pain meds they gave him. I don't even know if this is any help....sorry if it's not. Good Luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am a dental assistant and she will be fine. Putting her to sleep will be a breeeze for her instead of keeping her awake.. Just baby her after for a couple of weeks if its major surgery.. Ask the doctor if you can go back with her while they are putting her to sleep then you probably will have to leave... But just ask.,.. and be demanding about it.
    Anonymous

• MY DAUGHTER IS 2 AND HAVE FILLINGS AND A CROWN PUT IN LAST WEEK ..THEY PUT HER TO SLEEP, THEY GIVE THEM BABY PAIN KILLERS IN A DROPPER( LOOKS LIKE BABY TYLENOL) WHICH YOU WILL PROBABLY GIVE HER IN THE ROOM ,THEN SHE WILL FALL ASLEEP THE PROCEDURE WILL TAKE A WHILE AND THE WAITING TIME BEFORE SO BE PREPARED FOR FUSSINESS BECAUSE THEY CANT EAT OR DRINK BEFORE! PRETTY MUCH AFTER THAT SHE WILL SLEEP ALLDAY, AND SHE WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL THE NEXT DAY!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• OH AFTER SHE FALLS ASLEEP THEY WILL BRING HER TO THE ROOM AND AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST WILL PUT A MASK ON HER FACE TO KNOCK HER OUT ALL THE WAY, AND A TUBE THOUGHT HER NOSE! BUT REALLY IT WASNT THAT BAD I WAS ALL TEARY AND NERVOUS FOR NOTHING!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009