what type of fish can i eat

Here's the thing, I hate fish but I LOVE New England Clam Chowder. My doctor said other fish is okay but failed to mention my New England Clam Chowder. This sounds so fat but can I eat it?

stacymorgan2009

Asked by stacymorgan2009 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think so.. look at where the clams come from. The fear is mercury content.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• here's what I found:
    Raw Shellfish: The majority of seafood-borne illness is caused by undercooked shellfish, which include oysters, clams, and mussels. Cooking helps prevent some types of infection, but it does not prevent the algae-related infections that are associated with red tides. Raw shellfish pose a concern for everybody, and they should be avoided altogether during pregnancy.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• All I know is that salmon is perfectly fine.
    jakesmom2233

Answer by jakesmom2233 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009