no tummy time

my baby girl is 7 months old she hates being on her tummy.i have tried since she was born but she hates it she will go for it about 2 or 3 min but thats it she starts cring or now she just rolles to her back.will this hurt her what should i do.i read on here that her muscles wont develope right is this true.

fillus2

Asked by fillus2 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hardly remembered to do tummy time for my son and he crawled on time and was walking alone at nine months old. 2 or 3 minutes a day or every other day, I think, will be just fine. Now... my niece, my sister does tummy time most every day -- she is 7 months old and still does not hold herself up to crawl. It all depends on your baby.
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 9:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• thank you it has really been worring me.
    fillus2

Answer by fillus2 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I dont think it is much of the literally tummy they are wanting as much as it is they want her to use the muscles. Try hold her above you while you lay on your back...to get her to lift her head. Try getting on the floor with her play with bubbles and moving toys to get her entertained. Overall you should just let your pediatrician know what she is or isnt doing.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my LO was the same way. she hated her belly, but suddenly around 7 months she really started moving around more. and now she rolls back and forth. you might be surprised. tomorrow she might start rolling back to her belly.

my daughter is now 8.5 months and still isn't crawling. she is trying. she gets her butt up and can now hold that position, but then goes falls backward. she gets so mad cause she keeps getting farther away from what she actually wants. right now she is doing really well at walking around while she hold my fingers. this is great and exciting, but also tiring because i have to be hunched over walking her around so much. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• well let me clairafy. she is sitting up great and plays with her toys sitting up she can roll from her front to her back and sometimes she rolls and lays on her sideshe scootches on her back across the floor and she rocks from sitting position to her feet to stand(she done this twice first time fell flat on her face second time opa cought her when she hit her feet).no sign of crawling and she will not hold on to anything to pull her self up or to stand up.just a few more little bits of info. thanks for all your answers
    fillus2

Answer by fillus2 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My dd is almost 7 months and hates it and as soon as I put her on her back she flips on her tummy and then just cries again. So if u find out the secret let me know :)
    Anonymous

• I didn't mean to be anonymous sorry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My dd hated tummy time. She started crawling at 9 months and was sitting unsupported at 4.5 months. I think if she is rolling herself over, it's fine. I don't see it as hurting her at all. Not all babies respond to tummy time, and shouldn't be forced to lay there lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'd get her an exersaucer or a jumperoo. At this point, her head control is plenty good enough for them and she will get the same upper body / core muscles workout. Still try tummy time - she'll need it to learn to crawl - but there are more ways to build muscles than just that.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my pedi told me to hold my daughter on my chest and lay at an angle because my daughter wont do tummy time either and it worked, she will do that, likes being close to me while ding it and it also helps her hold her head up good....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009