For BFing mommas

I have no idea what Thrush is. I've seen it a lot on posts, but have no idea what it is....SOMEBODY PLEASE FILL ME IN!!

WHAT THE HECK IS THRUSH IN BFING? HOW DO YOU GET IT? HOW DO YOU PREVENT IT?

Momma2beauties

Asked by Momma2beauties at 9:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thrush is kinda like a yeast infection...it is white spots in your LO mouth...it usually starts on the tongue and then works its way around the cheeks...if it gets really bad it can go into your LO's belly and cause a yeast infection on the private parts. My DD had it when she was little...the cure is some topical antibiotic and wiping the mouth frequently...
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It's a yeast infection of the mouth and it's passed through the breast milk.
    Anonymous

• What she said ^^^^ prevention I dont think there is one...stay clean and antibiotics will help get rid of it. Milk can be mistaken for trush so dont freak out unless you have the doctor check.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• oh wow! ok well now i know what to look for! i didn't know you can get a yeast infection in the mouth! i feel like a moron. do moms pass it to babies or do babies give it to moms?
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 9:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• mom's give it to the babies....

mere417

Answer by mere417 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• LOL, I thought BFing meant butt- f**** when I first read it. But then I read the answers. And realized it meant breast feeding. Yea I know interesting story.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• it will look like someone painted LO's tounge white...and he/she may be very gagy. Call the doc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009