• In the Spotlight:

DEMON HAMSTER..HELP ME!!!!

i have had this hamster for almost 2 years and he still tries to bite me when i change his food..this is my 12th hamster and the only one that's ever attempted to hurt me..its too late to take him back to the pet store..does he only bite because he's still a baby??

stacymorgan2009

Asked by stacymorgan2009 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pets

• I had eleven hamsters growing up and my mom even has a little hamster graveyard in the backyard! Anyway I remember the females always being mean. Good luck with the evil one!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• all the females my cousin had bit. Males didn't...

*17 hamsters at one time because she put 2 together and was told they were both male...*
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I've never met a hamster that didn't bite...lol
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We had one that was so mean that I put him outside in the cage w/the rabbit. He would jump on top of the rabbit & bite him. We went on vacation & had our neighbor feed & water them. The hamster died while we were away. I'd see about taking your hamster back to the pet store & see if they will let you trade it for a nicer one.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I doubt the store will take him back if you've had him for almost 2 years! lol
    I also have never met a hamster that didn't bite. They are all demon hamsters in my book! At 2 yrs old, you hamster is NOT still a baby.
    Anonymous

• Next time get a Rat, they are much better pets!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• if It is 2 years old the pet store wouldn't let you trade him. Any rodents have to be handled a lot from the time they are babies.

I agree with the last poster. Being a previous rat owner, they are the best pet to have in the rodent family. They are cleaner, their urine is cleaner, they are intelligent and affectionate.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009