i dont know what to do im losing it

My dd is 4 days old and poeple wont stop coming over!!!!!!! I understand they are excited and so am i but dang i need my resty. So far dd has her days and nights mixed up from what i get and wakes every night at 11 and goes to sleep at 5-7 am!!! my god **** mother in law keeps showing up uninvited around 3 after work without calling and i keep saying she is sleeping and i need to also but she wont freaking loeave!!!! I keep telling hubby to get her the hell out but he is at work so theres not much he can do from there. I had a c section so its bad enough as it is. all she does is come over wake the baby and leave. She doesnt bring me food (wait she brought hubby lunch before he left the other day but not enough for me) doesnt offer to clean or allow me to nap. its all about her and im freaking sick of it im fed up already. i was waddling...cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh my goodness. i can not believe that she would be SO inconsiderate. i think i would snap too. can you lock your the door to your house? honestly, if you telling her doesn't work and your husband wont talk to her or get through to her. i would lock the door. or maybe one day just let yourself snap in front of her. lol. then maybe she will get the idea. i was lucky. when my SO was home shortly after the baby was born, he let me sleep during the day a bunch. it was nice.

you really have to figure something out though. i would be so upset. especially bringing food for your hubby and not you. that just is plain rude.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• to the babys room this afternoon for a diaper and she actually excused herself around me walked right passed me to wash her hands and then walked passed again (i was moving too slow i guess) grabbed dd out of her bassinet and then told me she doesnt need changed!!!!! wtf who does that i seriously wanna kill her please helppppppppppppp
    Anonymous

• i would telll everyone thank you but right now i want some time with my child you have the right to say that and if they cant repect you for it
    Anonymous

• Tell them that they need to let you both have some privacy. Do it as nicely as possible, but be firm about it. Tell them that they need to call before they come over, ask if it is a good time, and as long as it is they are more than welcome to come over. We had to do that to my SO's father and step-mom. They were driving us insane.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Don't answer the door or u need tp tell ur dh that he needs to tell her to leave u alone.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i keep the door locked but i have 3 big bark happy dogs so they go freaking nuts when someone comes and i have no car so i have no choice but to answer i tried allowing myself to answer half asleep and she doesnt care she says drink coffee and get used to it!!!! cause this is her grandbaby and she can do what she wants
    Anonymous

• My hott sweet ass she can do what she wants! does she live there? ummmmm no! did she help you concieve the baby? I sure as hell hope not. You've tried dropping helpful hints. This is what I'd do, I'd answer the door. Stand in the door way so, don't invite her in, and tell her you aren't taking visitors at that moment and that if she would like to come back later when your husband is home that would be fine. but that your baby is sleeping right now and you need to rest seeing as you just had surgery and need to be able to heal in order to properly take care of your child. Then shut the door and lock it (so she can't open it back up) and go to bed. I hate imposing people! they irk me so much.
    Anonymous

• you dont have to answer the door. i know its rude. but guess what. that is your house. and her not letting you take care of yourself makes it hard/impossible for you to take care of your baby. plus she isn't helping. and just because you have a baby does not mean you have to play host. do not answer the door. lock it and dont answer.

she can not do what she wants. she has no right to impose on you or tell you how/what to do. this makes me mad and she isn't doing it to me. lol
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yeah, don't answer. I know you said you can't but why can't you. If she asks why later tell her you were so tired you just couldn't get up to answer the door or be honest and say you come over everyday and do nothing but get in the way and make things harder on me while I'm tying to recover. Quit bothering me. If you want to come over call and ask me if it is a good time otherwise don't come over. Either way I wouldn't be letting her in my house like that again.
    Anonymous

• Hang a "We are resting, please call later to arrange a time to visit us" sign on your front door and don't answer the door.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009