my daughter's feet burn really bad during baths, and afterwards. What could this be?

About three days ago, when my 8 year daughter takes a bath, she cries with the top of her feet burning. The water is never really hot, so she doesn't burn herself. Tonight they are still burning and it's been over 30 minutes since she's got out of the tub. I'm calling her doc in the morning, but right now I just put Aveeno lotion on it and that's all I know to do. They are NOT red, or discolored in any way. They just look normal. Any suggestions?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 9:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• ive never heard of that it's new to me i would but a cold washcloth on her feet maybe that would help does she go outside on the sidewalk with out shoes?
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• That's strange. The only time I ever feel like my feet are "burning" when I take a bath is if my feet are cold before I get in the bath, then when I put my feet in the warm water it hurts, but it never lasts or anything like that...
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Thats really odd, if she is crying and has tears down her face and saying that her feet are burning or hurting her, take her to the ER (emergencey room) a.s.a.p! It could be something that needs attention right away, and if you wiat until morning it could get worse. I'm not rying to scare you by any means I think she'll be just fine, but you still never know with kids these days. Also if you've swtiched soaps recently she may be having some kind of reaction to the new soap or she could have a hang nail/ingrown toe nail, and thats something you'll need to go to the dr. for you could always try getting the nail out yourself, but I wouldnt sugguest doing that as most kids tend to wiggle around too much. I hope this helped! Remember your her rock and you need to make sure she knows that your there to comfort her, so dont panic or start crying I know its hard, but your the mommy so you gotta be strong! GOOD LUCK TO U !
    Stacy712

Answer by Stacy712 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My feet are always freezing so when I take a shower they hurt for awhile. Are her feet cold before getting in? Have you tried the opposite...with cool (not ice cold) water? See if that has any effect. I'd call the doc and ask for advice.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009