Where do you sell your handmade items?

I have found that I have a pretty good talent of sewing. I have been making cure things for my daughter and want to explore my options as far as selling. For those of you that sell your handmade goods, what do you use? I've seen a few places but all ask for a listing fee or a monthly fee or whatever, and then also how do I figure out shipping, that is totally over my head at the moment. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We have our own website! You can get a domain name for cheap these days and then my partner found a free website we can host on. There's also places like Etsy and Ebay. Let us know if you need more info. you're welcome to check us out too. www.everythingstamped.com
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I've recently started selling on bonanzle.com, it's a great place. It's free to sign up and list your items. The only time you pay a fee is when you sell something, and it's a small fee. It's really easy to sign up and get started, there are a lot of really helpful people that are willing to help you if you need it. It's a lot easier and less complicated then Ebay. A lot of people are leaving Ebay to come to Bonanzle. Check it out and let me know if you need any help.
    luvmybabe256

Answer by luvmybabe256 at 7:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would look around to craft fairs, state fairs, and festvals.. There the best way.. Old ladys pay anything for stuff they can say they made.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I currently sell stuff on Etsy. For figuring out shipping, I weigh the item in a shipping container and then look up on the post office web site shipping costs.
    lauraslefthook

Answer by lauraslefthook at 11:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• etsy and myspace :)
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 1:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I use zibbet.com free to list only pay a percentage when item is sold. Also sell on Etsy, Artfire,and Ebay.Artfire is cheap, only $7 a month, unlimited listings .Ebay nicknamed fee-bay for obvious reasons. Very pricey to post ad or have a store on there.Everything is oversaturated, by the time you list it is lost hundreds of pages in. Etsy has more traffic,but Artfire is catching up. For shipping-invest in a postal scale-can buy one at office supply store or on ebay. Weigh your item at home look up the shipping cost at postal website. usps or ups Then use Paypal for receiving payments online and you can print a shipping label at home and just use packing tape to stick it to the package and drop it off in the mailbox, no need for post office trips for small envelopes and packages.
    suncreations

Answer by suncreations at 7:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2009