If you're out with your child and they wet or mess their diaper..

a) Finish shopping and change him at home
b) Finish shopping change him in the car
c) Stop shoppinging and run to the ladies room to get him changed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's a poo diaper, I generally change their diaper immediately. I would be pissed off if someone left me to sit in my own poop just to finish shopping, and it's very very unhealthy for them! So off to the bathroom to change them immediately.

I check diapers before I go anywhere, so if it's dry before we go she wont generally wet it so wet that it needs an immediate change in the store. She is two though. If I notice her wet, she gets changed immediately. She just doesn't get wet often anymore and we are potty training :)

The next baby will be in cloth diapers so changes in public may be more often, depending on absorbency, which doesn't bother me. I wouldn't want to sit in my own urine or feces.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I change my child's diaper. Would you want to sit in wet\poopy underpants until someone else were done shopping? That's selfish.
    Anonymous

• C stop and change her because she will be screaming!!!!
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 10:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If it's only pee I wait until we get home...If he poops I take him right to the ladies room and change him...I don't like for him to sit in poop...But I usually change him right before we go out...But if we have been out and about for a while and he is wet I change him in the car!
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 10:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If it's poop, I change it immediately. If he's wet, and it's just a little, and I have less than 5-10 minutes, it can wait. If not, I change him immediately. I wouldn't feel good if he got a diaper rash because I was making him wait so I could shop.

StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If it's a poopy diaper, I don't want to subject my daughter, myself, or anyone else to the discomfort or stench, so I go to the rest room right away to change her. If it is a wet diaper and I only have a little more shopping to do (like 10-15 minutes) I'll wait and change her in the car because I only use those plastic wall-mounted changing tables when absolutely necessary because a) they are unsanitary and b) I can hardly get my daughter to lay in one to get changed-she freaks out! If I still have a lot more shopping to do I'll go change her as soon as possible because I don't want her to get a rash.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 10:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Either way, I would finish up right away and change her in the car. I can imagine how uncomfortable it is to sit in poop! But I don't change her in public restrooms anymore if I can help it, always in the car. Easier, safer, cleaner IMO.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 10:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I check the diaper and change her if needed before we even go into the store. I guess you ladies shop longer than I do. If I change her before we go in she's not in need of another diaper so soon.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I change right away if poop, if it is pee I might wait to we get to the car but that also depends on type of diaper. If it is cloth or a gDiaper we change right way no matter what. He has very very sensitive skin so we have to be very careful.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Pee can wait until I am done and then we make a trip to the restroom, before I get to the car, and before I go home. If it's poopy, I stop what I am doing and find a restroom to change the diaper. So my answer is C, and hopefully so is yours!
    Anonymous