anyone have any other ideas

I had my sona week ago and my milk came in about 2 days ago. i am not breastfeeding and the hospital and dr. office i go to do not give the shot, or the pills that dry up your milk. my breast are very swollen and hurt very badly. i called my dr about what to do and they said to just wait it out, but to come in if it developes any fever ect. I am having a hard time holding my newborn to burp him ect.. because they are so big and hurt so bad, not to mention my 2 yr old daughter... i have tried wrapping them in an ace bandage, putting frozen pees on them, and also cabbage leaves... ive tried everything i can think of, does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas. it would be greatly appreciated.

* *please no bashing or comments on how if i would breastfeed it would stop, i really dont need that right now, im dealing with enough thank you**

mrs.cooley

Asked by mrs.cooley at 10:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try wearing a tight bra it will help dry it up faster. There are some kind of pads you can get that have a cooling sensation, I forgot what their called.
    Anonymous

• you can only weight it out.. your boobs will be engorged and hurt regardless if you breastfeed or not.. thats just how nature works :( i hope it gets better for you though...

my mom told me to wrap mine in a cold towel tightly around me and it did feel a little bit better
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Take some sudafed to help dry it up.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• the first chance you get.. try going into the shower and squeezing them.. some of the milk should come out and help dull the pain.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i know this is weird.. but i heard whole, fresh cabbage leaves, from the fridge, can help out a lot.
    i don't think anyone really knows why for sure.. but it really helps with swollen breasts, and circulation.
    no crushing it, just place a whole leaf on each breast... until the coolness goes away.

haven't tried it myself.. at least not on my breasts. hurting ankle.. yes. feels very, VERY cold in a strange way. O__o

oh yes.. and the hot shower and the previous poster suggested helps out too. but i'm not sure if you (pardon my lack of a better word) squirt some milk out you might make more.??
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009