do you think the justice system

is equal for celebraties

is equal for regular people

is equal to different racies?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 10:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Our justice system is a joke.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no
    no
    no
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No on the celebrities....but as for the other two....

My husband is as White and as the come and our Justice system screwed him royally, So I think they are pretty even steven.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no to all of the above, we all know that oj killed his girlfriend and he got away with it because of his race. they even had her blood in his car and he still got away with it. also women get away with having sex with teen boys. so that is based on gender. and poor people do not get a fair chance in court either.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no when it comes to celebrities.

no when it comes to regular/ poor people who can't afford good lawyers

I really don't know when it comes to color, I hope it is not unfair but I wonder.....I would hope our justice system has moved past that issue! It is an embarrassment if it hasn't.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well, blacks and latinos are more likely to get pulled over and/or arrested and then given harsher sentences than whites. (just read this in my textbook for race and ethnicity class) Celebrities have a lot of money. If you are innocent and don't have an attorney, you could still end up in jail due to your ignorance of the legal system.
    The whole system is messed up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• no to all..
    1: look how many get away with murder
    2: if you don't have a good lawyer, your going to get screwed.
    3: Obviously not. a man got arrested the other day for trying to hold up some immigrants that were on his land. He called the police to have them removed from his property, didn't lay a hand on any of them.. and he ends up going to jail. WTF is up with that?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• our justice system is a joke. unless you are someone very well known whether a celebrity or not. my sister was murdered on dec 16th 2007. the man, her boyfriend was convicted july 2008 i just went to his first parole hearing last wednesday. he only got four years. only has to serve a certain percentage of that, and every 1 good day he has counts as 2. he hasnt even had to go to prison, just sitting in the county jail smoking cigg, watching tv and getting fat. btw he put a taurus, 45 caliber to her temple and pulled the trigger. less than four years, wow, what a punishment, guess he will be deterred from ever doing that again...and this is not the only case like this. most murders only get four years, unless it is a highly publicized case or well known. yay, go judicial system... but if i were to lose my mind and kill him, they would put me under the prison. u get more time for writing a bad check or smoking a joint
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 11:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• so i just saw this football ???? player had a dui with him killing someone and he only got 30 days in jail?????wtf!!!!!! and 2 yrs house detention and 8 yrs probation yeah that will teach him to NEVER drink agian.................yeah right
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009