How do you know if it's a miscarriage?

or if it's just your period coming late? I was 5 days late and now I got my period, but am having horrible cramping. I normally get a little crampy with the first day of my period, but never anything like this. I've been curled up in a ball most of the day and can hardly sit up in the chair.
What is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you might want to get that checked
    kendraamornot

Answer by kendraamornot at 12:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i think u were too stress of getting pregnant that ur period came late
    i dont think its a misscariage. but hey i am no docter.
    if u r concern u should call a doncter n get it check out.
    but mostly it might be ur period.
    Perez18

Answer by Perez18 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'd probably go and get checked too. You could even take a hpt and check that way then if it's positive go in and get checked. I miscarried my first baby when I wasn't very far along. I started bleeding a little then as time passed I started cramping and that eventually became worse too...more like labor pains. I did go in to get checked (had already taken a +hpt) and miscarried while in the hospital...although they would never tell me for sure -yes you did. If you think you could be, it would be better to go in and be checked just to have peace of mind if nothing else.
    cbx3mom

Answer by cbx3mom at 12:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• UPDATE----
    I just wanted to add that I have stopped cramping now and that I'm hardly bleeding at all...just when i wipe, sorry, i know it's tmi.
    I've been TTC for 4 years now, so I'm over the stressing about getting pregnant phase. I just don't want to not do anything if there's something that I can do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If it was me, I'd still take a test to see or even just go in and be checked. Once I miscarried, the cramping stopped and I felt normal again...just still some bleeding like a period. If you did miscarry, but didn't pass everything that can be bad. If I had any reason to think I may be miscarrying, or even pregnant with some bleeding I'd check to find out. It could easily be nothing, but I hate killing myself with, "If only"'s.
    cbx3mom

Answer by cbx3mom at 12:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2009