How can I get my babies (twins) to drink Milk?

I'vre tried so many things... regular Milk, 1%, 2%, Skim Milk, Soy, Vanilla Soy. I even tried to mix it half and half with their formula. I've served it warm and cold but Nothing helps! They just don't like it. At their One Year Dr visit I was told to have them off their formula by 15 months. That's in a few days. I'm so embarrassed to take them to their next Dr visit that I haven't even made their appointment yet! Any advice Ladies? I need help!

ohmybaby

Asked by ohmybaby at 11:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ahhh...this will sound bad...but try flavored milk. try using ovaltine. in a parents magazine myth section there was a myth about chocolate milk being bad for kids. the consensus was that flavored or chocolate milk is better than no milk!---try flavoring it with very small amounts of ovaltine- not as much as it says though!
    mamasonja27

Answer by mamasonja27 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Sugar free chocolate or strawberry flavor. Thats how my baby drinks it. And he will NOT drink just plain milk. And I dont blame him. I cannot stand MILK! EWw
    Anonymous

• my suggestion is half warm milk half formula- then slowly go to all milk by the age of 1.. that is what my pediatrician told me... and they want it to be whole milk too.. i buy the organic kind now and my lil one loves it..
    nooneyouknow

Answer by nooneyouknow at 11:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have the same problem with my son who is now 13 months. I tried goats milk, cows milk, soy milk, choc. milk, and he doesn't like any. He loves water though. Just a week ago I finally got him to start drinking a watered down version (I put 2 oz. of whole milk and fill the rest of the sippy cup with water). I started off with just 1 oz. I will start adding more and more. It took me two months of trying every combination over and over, so hang in there. Try the formula mixture or the milk and water combo. Do they like water? So to make up for what they don't get you just cook with milk. I give my son yogurt 2-3 times a day and I cook with milk and cheese a lot. A good breakfast is oatmeal because you can cook with milk and get about 8 oz. in there and you can add what ever kind of fruit you have lying around. Just keep trying, that's all you can do.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I added just a little bit of choclate to it and he drank it, now I try to skip the chocolate some times and he drinks some of it but not all of it. He will take me to the fridge and make me open it and show me where the chocolate is. I still give him a formula sippy at night because he was cutting more teeth and not eating much, but Im about to ween him of that. He's gotten his appetite back, which I am so thankful for.
    amy068

Answer by amy068 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Adding chocolate really isn't a good idea...you may never get them to take it without.

here's the thing...they don't NEED milk. The dairy industry merely needs you to think they do. If they'll take cheese or yogurt, that covers the calcium. Water is fine for hydration.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2009