• In the Spotlight:

17 months old and vacum cleaner

My son has always everytime I vacum he loves the vacum, but he always shakes his head back and forth . Is that normal? Is it from the sound. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DD is only 9 months old and she ALWAYS shakes her head, she thinks its funny... she has always watched me vacuuming in her play pen and recently since shes started crawling i let her on the floor and she chases after the vacuum cleaner, personally i think its hilarious
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I can't really figure out how to explain this to you so please go turn on your vacuum and then shake your head. You can hear it with the ear that facing the vacuum and not so much with the ear that's not. It gives the baby control over his ears and he likes experienting with hearing. Like I said, I can't explain it vary well so try it out for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about!
    Anonymous

• my son randomly shakes his head, like when we are in the car and he's bored I catch him doing it. I think it feels funny to him. But he also does other funny stuff like when he sees something he knows he isnt supposed to have, instead of walking up to it he acts like he is sneaking up on it! They are just discovering different things all the time and entertaining themselves. :) I love it!
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009