Does anyone have a great homemade speghetti sauce recipe?

1carlasue

Asked by 1carlasue at 11:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• do you want red sauce?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes... and I was raised by Italian people... I consider my self Italian by Osmosis.

Take your pot, and put heat about 3tbs, of Olive oil in the bottom. Chop an Onion, and crush about 5 or 6 cloves of garlic and saute until the onions are Transparent.. Use low heat..

When this is done, use the big cans of 4 tomato sauce and 2 crushed tomatoes. Also, use 2 of the larger (regular) sized cans of Paste... stir that all together, so there are no lumps. Put in about a palm full EACH of Basil & Oregano. Start with 1/4 cup of Sugar, and stir that all in.. If you think your sauce is too bitter, then add a bit of sugar, until it tastes right to you... Let it come to a rolling boil. Then, cover, and put your flame on the lowest possible setting, and simmer for at least 3 hours.. Stir it every now and then, so it doesn't stick to the bottom and burn
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 7:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I always throw in Sweet Sausage, while it is cooking.
    To make Meatballs- Use a pound each of Ground beef & Pork. Add in an egg, about 1/2 cup Bread crumbs, 1/2 cup grated Parm Cheese, amd inx together with your hands. until the meat is equally blended. Now here is the key.. Grab a bit of the meat mixture, and form it into a ball, but DO NOT ROLL IT!! Your meatballs will be tough if you do. I use the Pampered Chef Medium sized scoop, and put them on a cookie sheet. Throw them in the oven for about 8 minutes at 400 to sear them.. then, put them in your sauce, and let them cook for at least 1/2 hour 45 min.
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 8:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• BUMP! I'll use Italian Seasoning and brown sugar.

capper

Answer by capper at 8:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2009