How can I make sure that my lower parts smell good before a date?

I've noticed that after having children, I sweat more and even a few hours after having a bath or shower and thoroughly washing myself, I don't smell very fresh.
I need a way to keep as clean and fresh smelling as possible. Note: I am allergic to artificial fragrances in perfumes and I have sensitive skin. I also don't want anything sprayed down there that could get into anyone's mouth. ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Summer's Eve has a wet wipe that is ph balanced. I wouldn't think it would have a perfume but if it did you might find a fragrance free wet wipe. Keep in mind that some men like the smell of a sweaty "down there". The natural musk smell is a turn on for many men.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Do you shave? I'm serious, with no hair, odor can't stay as trapped as it would if there was a bush. lol
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• some ideas.....
    douche with vinegar & water,
    clean yourself with a witch hazel-soaked pad (you can get them as all-natural hemorrhoid pads, they will help reduce perspiration and bacteria that causes odor)
    use a cornstarch-based baby powder to help stay dry (you can get lavender-scented kind so you dont smell like a baby butt),
    wear only all-cotton underwear, NO SYNTHETICS (they will make it worse!),
    wear a loose-fitting skirt and no pantyhose (or wear thigh-highs)
    keep your pubic hair trimmed very short
    Anonymous

• I swear by this...It's kinda weird but first, shave at least your labia, and then when you get out of the shower, spray the aerosol deodorant down there....it works like a charm!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:03 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Im an avid doucher lol. I also use the feminine spray deoderant. I think they make it for sensitive skin. That thing will be smelling fresh all night : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I can't stress enough how bad for you douching is... I have yet to hear a Dr. say that a woman should douche. It takes away the good and bad bacteria and then that creates an environment for infection. Do what you want but I would talk to your Dr. before you use a douche... Shaving is your best bet, and use a non soap cleanser. Get the little travel wipes from Summers eve that the other post mentioned and you should be fine...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ok this is something that I tryed and still do esp in the summer. Take deordorant (yes deordorant) and apply a thin layer in the crease on your thighs...its the same concept as applying it under your arms..but just a thin layer will do..dont need a residue. Thats works wonders in you sweat alot down there...if the odor is from inside the vagina u may want to douche or go see a dr, u may have a vaginal infection. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Douching is BAD - dont do it.
    I think just use a baby wipe or something... I dont think a guy will mind.. I mean havent you had sex during th emiddle of summer after sweating all day long? I dont think guys even notice when they are just wanting to get laid lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Before I go to bed every night with my SO (whether we make love or not) I slip into the bathroom, and clean myself off front and back with a wet washcloth. It's very quick, doesn't splash water everywhere and gets me really clean. I always like to be prepared.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Thanks ladies, these are all great suggestions. My main concern is if my SO goes down on me. I don't want it to ruin the moment if I smell bad or if I taste like deodorant. I think the smell may be an imbalance in there and I also sweat a lot more now after having children. Oh the wonderful things pregnancy and childbirth does to your body.
    Anonymous