shell only stay asleep laying on my or when im holding her...

my daughter is a month old and will only stay asleep for long periods at a time if i am holding her or if she is laying on me... same with dad.

i have a bassinet for her to lay in next to our bed but she will only stay asleep in it for 10-15 min at a time.. and thats a LOT of waking up to do in the middle of the night lol. ive tried swaddling her, ive tried those things that you lay the baby in with the side supports ive tried everything and nothings working... any ideas??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I slept in the recliner with my baby for 1-2 months. That's the only way we both got any sleep. I also think it helped her internal time. She never had to wake up, get picked up and stimulated. I would just plop my boob in her mouth and she'd go back to sleep. i would reccommend it to anyone.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• thats what i do right now, but its hard for me to get any sleep laying in this position and its taking a toll on my back aswell

i also dont want it to get to the point where she will always be attached to me ..that sound bad but i mean in the way where if someone wants to hold her or something she wont go to them...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My recliner is SUPER comfy. It was hard to get used to at first but I did get more sleep there than anywhere else. Also, you can't spoil a baby until their 3 months old. They have no idea what a "want" is. Just needs. Plus, once you do this for a couple of weeks, she'll learn to sleep longer amounts of time and it won't be so hard. I would still attempt to put her in her crib/bassinet during the day. When she does fall asleep in your arms, try holding her until she's really asleep where you can pick her arm up and it just drops. Then lay her down. Swaddle or get one of those special wedges that makes her feel like she is still being held. Back ground noise is good too. Sometimes keeping her in the room where she falls asleep in is good too....the enviornment is the same. I have more tips and things to try if you want more.....Good to see you!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• All three kids and I slept in the recliner until 6wks to 8 wks old or daddy would. We slept this way, we co-slept and NONE of my three kids are attached to me at all...lol that probably sounds worse than I mean it to. All three are very independent, even our youngest at 11 mo. The way I looked at it was this, when they were under 6 months, DH and I would hold them all they wanted, pick them up when they cried and that way they learned we would always be there for them when they needed us. Turns out, they hardly cried except for being hungry or dirty diaper, (oldest went to work with me at a call center until she was six months) they didn't get attached and are great with other people, even sitters.

Good luck.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009