How come some people can drink coffee like its nothing, and when I drink it I feel so weird and my heart beats really hard and fast and I feel so nervous anxious and shaky??

Just wondering I love coffee, but when I drink it its only good for about 30 minutes than I get all these weird really bad feelings, and I don't know why??

LainysMommy

Asked by LainysMommy at 12:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Because everyone responds differently to every drug.
    Have you ever had someone tell you "Oh, tylenol does nothing for my headaches" while someone else tells you "Take tylenol - it's the only thing that works for me" ?

You are just one of those people who don't tolerate caffine well. I konw people who can drink it it 11pm and go right to sleep. I can't have any after noon or I can't get to sleep that night. For you, I'd say stick to decaf.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it just weird though it makes me like disoriented and I can drink Pop and I can't even tell a difference maybe it has a lot more caffiene than Pop I thought it was the same.
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I can drink a pot of coffee and go to sleep. Caffeine just affects people different.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Different strokes for different folks.....
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I can drink a pot of coffee and feel fine.

But...

Give me an alcoholic drink and I'm fine for 20 minutes, then it's CRASH city. I literally just pass out from being extremely tired.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• caffeine is a stimulant, which speeds up your heart rate , which makes your blood pump faster and so on.
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 1:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I also get sleepy when I drink coffee my hubby thinks it is funny!
    Mrs.Starbucks

Answer by Mrs.Starbucks at 8:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am in the same boat as you....loving coffee...but not its side effects....I use regular coffee as a once in awhile treat and stick to decaf tea or coffee usually
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2009