how long after you had your epidural (if you had one) did you back not hurt anymore?

my back (only the part where i got the epidural) is still hurting a month after i got it..

is that typical ? how long did yours stop hurting after you got yours?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't really recall it ever hurting after the initially procedure.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was induced and got it, and my back never hurt at all. I never heard of it hurting, if i was you i would talk to a doctor and get it checked out. <3 jenn
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oh crap...
    LOL i guess ill mention it to him at my 6 week check up..

i thought it was normal LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Mine never hurt, thank God. But what still feels sore is the side of my butt because they injected 15 iron shots there and it still has a green dot, and 4 years have passed already:(
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 12:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my back hurt like heck for close to 6 months afterwards. Not sure if it was related to the epidural or not but my other kids were natural births and I never had backpain afterwards.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• is a spinal for a c section the same thing basically? just stronger? mine never hurt if so , i was scared shitless about the needle though :(
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Mine did not hurt either. Def mention it to your doc and be sure to let him know it has happened the whole time...maybe even call him earlier than 6 weeks.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ummm....6 years? lol. I don't know if the pain is related to my pregnancies pulling my my spinal muscles, but I have deep sciatic pains, and they didn't start until I had the epi with my first labor 6 years ago.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Talk to your doc. It shouldn't still be hurting.

Mine didn't hurt AT ALL.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes, I do not recall mine hurting either. Good luck! It might end up being something semi permanent, happens to a lot of women =x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2009