hemeroids TMI! you have been warned lol

did any of you get hemeroids from giving birth? i didnt when i had my daughter. but ive always had pooping issues since i was really young. ive always been constipated and wait to long and i always have to push hard to get it out. and i got a hemeroid!! gah i hate it.
do any of you know if preperation H helps. or any other ways to help shrink it or something lol.
it feels so weird! like i stand up and it feels like it moves. its really small, just really annoying!
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• i was lucky enough to not get them, but good luck!
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yes I got like 4 or 5 of them all around my butthole:( and preperation H only calms the itching, its never shrunk mine, there still huge and it makes me feel really squishy when I put it on.... and they kinda hurt when my hubby humbs me threw the back:/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• mine doesnt itch. when i first got it i was like why is my butt hole sore lmao. it hurt to sit down for like two days, it doesnt hurt at all now just feels weird when i stand up. like its moving around or somthing haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yeah they do feel weird, like there a bunch of milk duds hanging from our behind, lol. They should invent a cream to make them dissappear!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The best thing I have found is to sit on an ice pack wrapped in a towel or cloth to shrink them. Many times the only way to truly get rid of them is to have them surgically removed.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ick. ok thank you ladies :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• warm baths can help too.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• When i gave birth to my first son i got 1. had it for 2 years without too much problems.Then i had my second son OMG. I got a "cluster" of them . It was so bad that when i stood up it was soo swollen that my cheeks were still open.lol. i laugh about it now but it was horrid. I could not sit down for about 3 weeks without a "doughnut" After the 3 weeks i was feeling much better. i would try that. i also used preperation h cream and pads EVERY time i went to the bathroom. Hemmeroids are just swollen veins. perhaps by using the "doughnut" it helped them heal on there own??? I dont know , good luck and god bless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My hubby had to have surgery... unpleasant yes- but it has really helped... try changing your diet- gradually!!! adding in more natural fiber. Raw almonds work really well. Beans are also very helpful. Make sure you are not dehydrated- will make pooing a chore as well. And Nupercainal sp?? is fabulous- works better and longer than prep H. OTC- $7 or 8 I think... good luck and happy pooping!!! (sorry couldn't resist...)
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i definetaly got them from birth. they are horrific- i would have a hard time shitting and they would bleed so bad. after i was done, after screaming and crying, i would look in the toilet and the water would be red from all the blood. the only way i've been able to help them is by eating alot of greens and sometimes taking senna-c (stool softener). if you have an inflamed one, you can wrap a peice of ice in a wash cloth and hold it directly on it. ice helps blood vessels shrink, and hemorroids are actually vericose veins on the anus!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2009