i had a HORRIBLE nightmare about my daughter...

last night i had a HORRIBLE nightmare that my sister who i trust very much shes my best friend was watching my daughter and something happened to her and she was in extreme critical condition and had to be taken to the hospital and i was running down the street to the ambulance she was in screaming my LUNGs our and crying hysterically .. it seemed so real i could cry just thinking about it :(

why do you think i dreamed this? what could it mean and has anyone had any dream like this after having their baby? shes only a month old..

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have had dreams about my youngest and he was dead in my arms, I woke up crying, it was horrible. I still don't know why I had that dream... I have 3 kids and he's the only one I have seen in my dreams.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Once I had a similar experience. It was the most real and horrific dream as I watched my husband and daughters drown right in front of my face, while I was saved. It was SOOOO real. I woke up hysterical and it really affected me for days. I mean now, even 3 years later, I can still vividly remember it. I took 2 things from that dream.
    1) It awakened my need to take extra care around water. I try not to act paranoid, but I do now have a healthy fear of the water and my children.

Cont..
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I did. I asked my friends at work and they say its pretty common for new mothers to have nightmares invoving their babies in danger. I guess its like your subconsious playing out your anxities for your new baby. I wouldn't worry about it though.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 12:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 2) If you aren't Christian it probably won't really matter to you, but I was praying, begging God to take these images and thoughts from my head and seriously out of no where I had the thought "fear is not given by God....fear is from the devil". And I realized that the devil had put that horrible dream in my head in an effort to break me down. It was very comforting when I had that thought and I felt a peace wash over me because I knew it wasn't God sending me a forewarning of something happening to my children. Because He would not have me live in fear.

Anyway, that's just my take on my dream.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• dreams dnt usually mean wht u think. u should try looking it up online jus 2 ease urself.
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 12:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with maimutsa's take on things. Plus, when you are a new Mommy you are just so exhausted that it's easy for your mind to play tricks on you! It's just a bad dream-- it has no real power. I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax and enjoy your new baby!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• your dream means that you are feeling vulnerable right now for a few reasons.
    1: you just had a new baby, and are at times unsure about things, having your sister in your dreams means that you depend on her to help you out, perhaps you should talk with her about some of your fears.. this may relieve you a lot.
    2: you want to make sure everything is good and safe for your new baby, and that means becoming more responsible, however you have a fear of not being responsible enough.

(this is after reading a dream dictionary)
    from the sounds of what the dictionary says, the meanings are pretty normal for a mom with a one month old baby. All mothers get scared, especially in the first few months.. your dreams are just reflecting some of those fears of vulnerability. Since your sister is in your dream, I would suggest talking with her about your fears, she seems to be the rock you need right now. Good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ps.. dreams are not meant to be literal most of the time.. however they reflect emotions inside of us. Having this dream does not mean your baby is going to get sick if your sister watches your baby. It's just reflecting some fears that most mothers have when their babies are this age.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i have horrible dreams too, not even dreams nightmares. and everyone tells me its because i worry too much, but how can you worry too much! i just dont want anything to happy to my little man.
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• About a month after I had my youngest daughter, Gia, which was only two months ago, I had a dream that I was with her and my youngest son Sacha (who is 15 months) in an elevator and the doors opened and there was a dog outside the doors and Sacha ran out to pat the dog but the elevator doors closed fully around his ankle and I could hear Sacha screaming and crying on the other side but, because it was a dream and awful things happen in dreams (obviously!), I didn't even care that my baby was caught between two steel doors. Of course I know this could never happen a) because elevator doors never close if there is an object between them and b) because Sacha is almost always in a pram when we go out, but nevertheless it scared the hell out of me. I woke up shaking and sweating and had to go into Sacha's room and bring him into my bed and cuddle him until the morning. It was the most frightening thing.
    Zezette

Answer by Zezette at 1:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2009