2 year olds birthday???

So my son is turning to and besides the gifts i did want to get my littel animal lover a pet for his birthday, now i know that i will be the one taking care of, cleaning, watching, supervising......the animal. I just want to know what pet, besides a fish would be a good match, not toooo much work for me, but also fun for him to interact with, and what would i need to get, to get started?

1stmomma07

Asked by 1stmomma07 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am getting my son a hemit crab, the ones that have their shell painted! He will be three in May.
    ilovexzavier

Answer by ilovexzavier at 1:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I loved my hermit crab when I was little, lol.
    I think that would be great too..
    kittens tend to scratch, cats are normally set in their ways, and unless they had kids in the prior home, don't take well to children.. if you do go with a cat/kitten.. get a male, they are more tolerant of kids.
    so start small with something like a hermit crab.. and work your way up to a cat or dog when he is around 4 or 5.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• what about a hamster or guinea pig or bunny ;) lol miss you girl!!!
    sweetevilness23

Answer by sweetevilness23 at 2:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I Got My Daughter A Lab Mix With Rot Puppy.
    Thye Get Along Great
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 2:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my daughter has a cat and she loves it to pieces
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 3:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My son loves hermit crabs, my sister has one and when he goes over there he loves to watch it and occasionally hold it. They are not that much work and live a long time. Plus if something happens to it, you can always replace it (without them knowing) until you are ready to have the talk about life and death.
    crode22

Answer by crode22 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009