Homeschooling kids with special needs

Does anyone homeschool their adhd/autism spectrum child? My son has repeated first grade this year in Special Ed and still struggles to read primary reading material. It is effecting his other curriculum as he cannot read or comprehend word problems in math or text in science or social studies. Any suggestions for home tutoring or schooling?

tiggermom803

Asked by tiggermom803 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Check in the Happy Homeschoolers & Secular Homeschooling groups here on CM. Lots of moms homeschool special needs kids & can be of help to you.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• all 3 of my boys are on the autism spectru, severe ADHD. Moderate Autism/ Asperger's/Sensory Disorders.
    we have been homeschooling 8 yrs now. send me a message if you want. I dont have time to write a lot now- we are having a beach day!
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2009