What is ur opinion?? has this happend to u! NO BASHING!

I had this friend who would always compete with me for example if i bought something she would go and buy it too! I didnt notice at the beginning but now i realized that it seems like she trys to compete with me for evrythin its like she wants to be better but yet im not even competing with her! Why should i do?im to the point where i dnt wanna have a friend anymore cuz its not like we have a friendship anymore! i dnt think im any better than anyone else and its like she does it on purpose... its really annoying to the point where my husband noticed it to!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• she is probably envious of you. just try to shrug off her behavior but if it continues to bother you i'd bring it up in a way that won't offend her.
    CamsMom82208

Answer by CamsMom82208 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Why would you get bashed???

I'd say she's got a case of jealousy. Either that or she's got self esteem problems and in order to feel good about herself she has to be better than everyone else? I highly doubt she's gonna change...What's the point in having a friend if you don't enjoy being around them??? Maybe take a little trial separation from her. If she asks tell her honestly how you feel and see how she reacts. What's the worst that can happen?? She might decide she doesn't want to be your friend....and then your problem is solved. Or she could see the light and change...and still your problem is solved. :)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• munch12502- I think ur so right! thats how it seems like if shes jealous! and thats true if she doesnt want to be my friend anymore good right? right! thanks 4 ur opinion girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You're welcome :)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Who knows why. I doubt she is jealous she probably likes the things you have and simply gets them for herself. A real friend would take it as a complement and move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You've answered your own question. This isn't a friend...it's someone you happen to know and should know a whole lot less. Just make yourself unavailable.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• angryi have a friend like that, she's jealous of everyone...if i get it she's got to get it if my kids get something her kids have got to have it...i bought a new car last year and she's gone and bought one as well .my car needs to go in for a service soon and i'm thinking of hiring a  rental....a really flashy car like a  mercedes,  i'm going to let her think i've bought it and see what she does bouncingmaybe she will buy one  and learn her lesson ...

dee778

Answer by dee778 at 4:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My DH has two friends who are always trying to out do each other ( I know you aren't competing, but this reminded me of them). If one gets a new truck the other buys a newer truck. If one gets a boat the other gets a better boat. My DH comes home telling me about them! It is ridiculous! Who cares what others are doing or have? Perhaps you should distance yourself from her, it really isn't a healthy thing to do! Although they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. LOL

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Jealousy can ruin a friendship, that's for sure. I've had it happen to me as well. There comes a point where you have to step back and ask yourself is she just having some self-esteem issues? Does she just admire you so much that she has to emulate you? Or is she just one of those people who have to keep up with the Jones'? If she's just having some self-esteem issues then just talking with her might help. Help her build up herself. Try to compliment her on things she does well. If it's that she admires you and wants to be like you, then just accept the flattery. If she's just jealous, then it may be time to cut the friendship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2009