My mil calls me a moron because I don't know the difference between spaghetti and linguini noodles. What should I do ?

vabchmom21165

Asked by vabchmom21165 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• That's just mean ! Sounds like Marie from " Everybody loves Raymond".
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• WOW thats harsh! Don't worry about it some mils are just jerks mine is she doesn't come right out and say I'm stupid but she implies it all the time! I would just take it with a grain of salt noodles are noodles and those two are both long just one if flat and the others round other than that I don't know much about them either!
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 1:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• tell her to stuff it and try to ignore her
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Gotta love those MIL's.

Don't feel bad...I have no clue what linguine is either. And I work in an Italian restaurant...but we don't serve that.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Say Nothing! She doesnt' deserve a response! Verbal attacks are at the very least...childish!

Don't be like her....be a grown up!

There is an old saying....When you are arguing with an idiot, make certain that they are not also!"

Some ways to handle someone this rude is either to ignore them and hope that they just go away! LOL

or to look them in the eye and name the statement for what it is....Like "gee, that's a bit harsh".

Or to simply look them in the eye and give them the look! You know the one....the same look you would give a 2 year old who just flushed a stuffed animal down the toilet...Kinda like ...you gotta be kiddin me! ???   Hopefully she will get a clue as to how rude she was!

I wish you loads of luck with this Monster In Law! .    remember....Just breathe! LOL

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• linguini literally means "little tongues" They are like thin, flat noodles that hold cream and butter sauces well.

spaghetti is round and long, and traditionally served with red type sauce. There are different thicknesses.

Your MIL is the moron. I'm guessing there are bigger problems in this relationship than pasta, and she was just looking for an excuse to call you a moron. For some moms, no one is good enough for their baby.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• How rude. I'm sorry you have a thoughtless person for a mil. Everyone has things they don't know. Gosh..I can't get over this! Wow.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry she said that about you consider the source. That would make we wonder of she feels like that about you for something as trivial that WHAT DOES SHE REALLY THINK ABOUT YOU!!! I'd be waiting for the chance to get her back when she least expects it from you?

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 3:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Make her really pissed off and call it macaroni.

By the way...in my Italian household it was always "macaroni." My Italian parents used to laugh at the pasta snobs.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• slap her lol
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 4:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2009