What could be wrong w/ my 5 yr old???

Hi ya'll my Bella turned 5 on March 6th,2009. 2008 was full of colds & sinus infections & we have had more then enough. After our pediatrician had her adenoids & tonsils x rayed w/ no signs of problems we have since been referred to an allergy specialist. We have been to him 3 times since March 3rd, w/ NO answers. She has tested negative to all allergy tests, passed the breathing/lung capacity test & did not respond to a breathing treatment for asthma. We r now trying to RX's of Singulair & Allegra & have seen lil to no improvement. Basically she has 'reactive sinuses' but to what & why!? Has anyone been through such a thing? We go back on Friday & I'm leaning towards we need to now be seen by a ENT specialist. I hate pumping drugs into her but I am looking for something to help her. She has non stop cold symptoms, runny nose, stuffy nose, hacking cough, congestion the works.

Can anyone lean a shoulder or a reply w/ some insi

Mommyof2blondys

Asked by Mommyof2blondys at 1:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• Wow mama, What a load to bare. I don't have any idea's, but didn't want to read and not reply. Hopefully you get something figured out soon...and get both her and you some relief.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Did you recently move to a new community, did she just start a new school or day care. if so it is as if you are literally living with all of the kids that she comes in contact with. My son is almost three and is currently on his fourth round of antibiotics for a double ear infection and seems that there is no end. It is all caused by virus's that turn into infections. My almost 3 month old has caught some of this too. My 3 year old will grow out of it. Teriffic huh!! Yours may do the same. My doctor does not perscribe meds if not entirely nessicary. I dont even give my children cough syrup. If it is something that the body can "handle" or take care of on its own it is the best to leave it alone. The childs immune system needs to be put to work to fight these things off so it can battle much bigger things later. Do you know what i mean?
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 1:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Do you have any mold in your house?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Hi Moms~
    Thanks for replies!!!
    So we havent moved homes or day cares. We have been in this house & her school for 2-3 years. We have searched high & low for mold as it is so dangerous but have found none. She was also tested for mold allergy & it was negative :/
    Mommyof2blondys

Answer by Mommyof2blondys at 2:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• They did an x-ray for tonsils and adenoids? Soft tissue doesn't show up on an x-ray, I'm confused how that would have helped at all.

Reactive sinuses might work the same way as reactive airways? I have a friend who has two boys with reactive airways. Whenever they have a flare up, they're on meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Take your sweety to see a chiropractor. I used to work for one and have been a patient for atleast 20 years. I consider her to be my primary care giver. My family & I get checked regularly & move often if something pops up.

I appreciate the natural approach & there is a ton of research supporting chiropractic care for many common ailments i.e. colds, ear infections, colic, asthma, besides all of the pain stuff people normally relate to them.
    lotsofchange

Answer by lotsofchange at 9:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2009