• In the Spotlight:

LEGS AND ARMS VIBRATIONS

my 1 month and 10 days old baby is having cough and nasal congestion.. i took her to the doctor yesterday and he gave her a medicine call albuterol sulfate syrup and now she is having something weird.. her legs and arms vibrate very 5 to 10 minutes even her mouth sometimes does the same thing .. she does not cry for that but i can see that she doesn't feel comfortable with it cuz she is always mad.. im not sure if is the medicine reaction or it my be something else.. im not sure if i should take her to the emergency room or wait till tomorrow and ask her doctor... please hep me with this im so wooried and wen i call the hospital they don't want to tell me what should i do.... i will appreciate your help.. thank you ;o)

pamblaze25

Asked by pamblaze25 at 2:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it like a spasm? I would probably take her in.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I know that albuterol can make you feel jittery. Maybe that's what is going on.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• they wont tell you what to do at any hospital over the phone... you need to take her in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• they probably need to lower the dose then, the dr just put my son on that same stuff today for his cough and he told me even then to start him out on a 1/3 of a teaspoon see how he handles it and if he does well to move him up to the regular dose which is 1/2 teaspoon, call the doctor tomorrow (or even tonight if you want) and tell them whats going on so they can fix it for you
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yeah, albuterol makes you feel very weird and my kids go nuts when they take it. They start jumping off the table and non stop talking. It makes your heart race a bit. I might cut the dosage down just a touch until you see the dr tomorrow. It doesnt sound like an emergency. Mabye call the drs office, ask for the nurse to call you back and then get some info from her. She might be able to tell you if they want to see the baby today. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Take her back to the Dr. Some people have an allergy to sulfer. Good luck and let us know what they say.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• thank u everybody for your help the doctor told me not to give her the medicine anymore and see if she gets better with out it and i also have to get a humidifier so she can bread better... she still coughing a little but thank god she is getting better.... thank u again.. :0)
    pamblaze25

Answer by pamblaze25 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009