IUD and pregnancy

My friends husband deployed and a few weeks after he left she had her IUD removed. The day she had it taken out she had a very light period and it lasted not long at all. She is now late for her period this month...could she have gotten pregnant while he was here with her IUD in? She took a test and it was neg. I told her if she was maybe the hormone level wasn't strong enough. It has been about 7 weeks since they last had sex. What do you think?

Fallon_Long

Asked by Fallon_Long at 2:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she probably skipped her period because of the hormones from the birth control.. she should get a blood test done
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am the friend, and it is a nonhormonal IUD. I haven't been on any hormone related BC since over a year ago! I have no signs of a period coming any time soon, and usually I know exactly when I will start because of all the premenstrual crap I get every month...
    amy.lachney

Answer by amy.lachney at 2:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• then get a blood test done.. we arent doctors!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Don't be mean...I've called 7 different clinics and they all said they don't do blood tests and couldn't tell me of anyone that did.
    amy.lachney

Answer by amy.lachney at 2:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Dont answer then anon..this is what q anda's are for. If you don't like the questions then don't answer....DUH!
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 3:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I became pregant with an IUD inserted, the Dr. wouldn't take it out either because he said it would of possibly caused a mis carriage, long horrible, sad sad story. But Yes it is diffinitly possible. Good Luck
    sissy603

Answer by sissy603 at 4:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• tell the dr you got a positive test result..that will get you in the office..also diduhave ParaGard cuz I have that one and it throws off ur period when u take it out
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 4:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yes she can be they should have told her that there was a chance that when she had it taken out that she could become pregnant if she had sex with in the past week before it being removed when i had mine taken out i had to sign all kinds of papers stating they told me and i was ok with it and would not abort if it was too happen and so on cause my clinic didn't go for things like that but yes it is possible didn't with me wish it had lol but there is also a chance that all is out of line from it being taken out i would wait a few weeks and test again good luck
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• UHHH usually when u stop all birth control, ur period will be crazy and can not come for a month or two or just be on and off.
    Anonymous