Daughter has a rash. :( HELP

She has had it for a couple days now. I would say it is chicken pox, but I am pretty sure it isn't. The spots are raised, itchy, and do develop scabs. (I don't know if that is from itching them.) They do not look like they have blisters. Not that I can tell anyway. I checked her bed for bedbugs, and there is not any. It seems worse today then yesterday. But she gets worse at night. Otherwise she is doing ok, slight cough. Just got over a major illness though. HELP what could this be?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• ITs hard to say. That could be anything from CP to just an allergic reaction or side effect from the recent illness. I might have the doc look at it and give her something for the itching like a cream. If it is chicken pox, then congratulations, your child has a stronger immune system than she did before and now (for the most part) has immunity to the virus. Way better than the shot for sure. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Take her in to the Doctor...
    It sounds like Chicken Pox, but double check your mattress for signs of bed bugs.. (little dark spots)
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 9:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it could also be eczema
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It does sound like chicken pox.... I would ask your doctor to look at it to be sure
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009