has it ever happen to u where you get an ingrown hair in yoiur armpit and it turns into a bump that looks like a mosquito bite with a little hole and it hurts and when you poke at it white comes out?

I squeeze it and the deordorant squirts out of the little hole, its gross and the rest I try taking it out with the tweezers, what can I do to remove that big bump, it use to be on one armpit and now its on both, ouch help:( its at the top of my armpit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yes...what happens is it turns into a pimple in grown hair..pop it and clean it then leave it alone...dont shave it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It may be a boil. I would reccommend seeing your MD this is potentially serious infection that if popped could enter the bloodstream and lead to endocarditis, which would result in death. If something is painful and emitting a discharge it needs medical attention. Never pop it ! that is inviting infection. Use warm compresses, and it may break on its own , you dont want to risk it imploding and causing illness by messing with it.
    GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would say the white stuff is not your deodorant it is pus from a zit of white head stop picking at it clean it good it will go away but you must stop picking at it

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would watch for ingrown hairs after you shave seeing as you are prone to it. I get them not only in my pits though. When you see it, just dig our the hair and clean it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• that means it's infected clean it and it should be fine. I don't always get pus but I get many ingrown hairs under my arms and i just scratch at the skin until the hair comes out or if I can see part of the hair i get it with tweezers than the next day i shave it off
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I get that all the time. You can use a scrub on your underarms a few days per week before shaving and it helps. My dermatologist told me that one. So irritating though!
    erika.lyn

Answer by erika.lyn at 10:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009