breastfeeding while pregnant

Has anyone even had their OB tell them to wean your baby b/c you were pregnant? nurse said thy suggest it (b/c of nutritional reasons and when you breastfeed it causes your uterus to contract) but Dr. said nothing about it. i'm confused, DH doesn't want me to stop breastfeeding, he wants me to wait and ask DS pedeatriction ( don' really know why) but i am going to ask my OB when I go back next month.

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 7:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is odd that a nurse would bring it up too you and not your doctor i would ask him next time you go i know moms who have nursed while pregnant and had no problems at all
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I nursed through my entire pregnancy and am now tandem nursing. Do you have a history of pre-term labor? If not, I'd say ignore your doctor. It's perfectly safe.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My doctor said it was fine to keep going as long as I felt ok and that many moms nurse throughout their pregnancies with no problems. I have a few friends who have done it, too... no problems to the babies :-)

I made the decision to wean my daughter, though, b/c I was cramping every time she nursed. She was 8.5 months when I found out I was pregnant and I weaned her at about 9.5 months. The cramping made me too nervous. Barring any pain or problems, though, it's safe!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009