Congress Who voted FOR the STIMULUS BILL, shouldn't they admit THEIR error?

Did you know that if they had actually READ the Stimulus before they voted on it, this could have been avoided?
If Congress is demanding the heads of AIG Execs, should we ask the same of the politicians who blindly voted for the Stimulus without reading it?
So, NOW the blame game: Senator Dodd [D- CT] Blames Obama Administration for Change to Bonus Amendment.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aT_tMXRy2vDs&refer=us
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/17/aig.bonuses.congress/
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/03/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4875279.shtml
The most expensive spending bill in American History. It was passed in a rush compliments of a unanimous Democratic majority. 3 Republicans voted for it. Why should we allow our govt to bail out ANY company if our govt cannot be held accountable?
Should Geithner lose his job? He was one of architects of the 1st bailout & Treas. Sec. currently.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The bailout should never had happened. This is PROOF. Those who voted for the stimulus, should not be re-elected. This Bill could possibly be the most expensive financial and lack of accountability mistake to hit our nation, ever. Myself and at least 200 in my local PAC have called elected officials who voted for this bill and we have called the Whitehouse, 202-456-1111. It's a start. It's not much, but it is a start. We need to MAKE them work for US! jmho
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree! But what scares me even more is what else is in the bill that we don't know about..YET, or is already in the works?

This is why so many Republicans didn't vote for it, and Republican Governors who have accepted SOME of the bailout money are going through the bill LINE BY LINE to see where their state will be responsible for jobs and other "promises" a couple of years in the future after the government money runs out and the state has to pick up the tab--because you cannot get rid of a government job/program once implemented.

Distancing yourself as much as possible from Obama and his crooked administration for the next 1 1/2 years is bound to help your initial or re-election campaign! I know it's something I will be closely monitoring with regards to my state!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Distancing yourself as much as possible from Obama and his crooked administration for the next 1 1/2 years is bound to help your initial or re-election campaign! I know it's something I will be closely monitoring with regards to my state!

My city finally organized a Tea Party(had been involved in one an hour away). And we were just talking about his.  Organizing groups to track indivisual politicians and hold them accountable. Give the information to larger PAC's for use during election time.  Kudos to you for being an active and concerned citizen. THAT is more of a Patriot then paying taxes. :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am so sick of the Liars in Washington. Including Obama
    dancenmomi

Answer by dancenmomi at 9:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• How about the ones who wrote it? Can anyone say, ummmm, Dodd? How could you not know what's in it when you wrote it? And then deny, deny, deny until smacked in the face by a CNN reporter! Apparently there was pressure from the treasury department to put it in there.
    threeisenuff

Answer by threeisenuff at 11:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Apparently there was pressure from the treasury department to put it in there.

Interesting...  If the Treasury Department KNEW, that would mean Geithner KNEW (which would mean he lied) and possibly Obama KNEW (which would mean he LIED)...  Interesting...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think all who voted for it, and wrote it should loose their jobs.. I could point out so many mistakes they are making in these bills. But we need to make them all more public.. to help those who don't understand what is going on, understand it, so they don't vote again for these same people.. everyone should post what is wrong in their towns so they can become aware of what this monster is doing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Absolutely agree
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes, they should admit their error. Congress should have been given the time to thoroughly review the bill before being expected to sign it.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Obama made sure there wasn't time to go over it with the whole rush rush or the world will end talk.He also signed it and probably did not read it himself.
    Anonymous