anyone else irratated by the fact theat it takes a scissors, screwdrivers, wire cutters and sometimes a vicegrip to open a simple childs toy ?

in the mean time you child is sitting their screamin because they wnat to play with it but it takes 20 minutes to open , becuase of course the toys theifs will do all that in the stores and not just hide it somewhere and walk out with it

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 7:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Shopping

• I KNOW! a few weeks ago i bought a fire truck for my son age 3 he was so xcited so im trying to open the box and get the twist ties off ( theres like 50 of them ) and then low and behold i need a small screw driver so i have to go to dh's tool box all the while my sons screaming fire truck please mama! even the twisty ties are around the wheels, the ladder, its crazy! i understand they dont want things to get stolen but have some pitty for the parents who have to tell the xcited child it will be 15 mins to get it out of the box lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh thank God someone else feels the same way!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• LOL omg thats hilarious and true
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My 2 yr old got a lot of stuff for christmas and since hes our 4th child, we've been opening toys for a long time. THIS WAS THE FIRST time that we had to get a screwdriver. This damn $3 toy was bolted to the plastic holders. I told my husband that it seemed crazy and expensive to package a cheap toy that way. How ridiculous. We finally got it open.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2009