i have been trying to have a baby by my husband for 4 years now and we've been married for 2 years now i resent him for not having kids with me. i have a 9 year old son and he have 2 kids him self. he also drinks alot of alcohlo what should i do

i cant get pregnant by my husband, we been trying for 4 years now. he is also an alchololic. i resent him for not having any kids i have a son and he has two. what shpuld i do

natasha1041

Asked by natasha1041 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• In all honesty, why would you want to bring another child into the world w/ an alcoholic father. Thats not fair to the child. Thats JMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Without both of you being tested, there is no way that the blame should be squarely placed on your husband. Your resentment is most likely related to his alcoholism, which you are obviously unhappy about. A baby with him will not fix his problem and frankly, it would be terrible to bring a baby into the home under these circumstances. A baby deserves a whole family and not to be an excuse to try and fix other problems. Work with your husband --- try to get him to get help. Understand that he may not want to and if he doesn't you are in a precarious position.
    Trisch

Answer by Trisch at 9:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• DONT HAVE KIDS- I HAD A KID WITH AN ALCHY AND I REGRET IT... HE CHEATED ON ME DURING MY PREGNANCY, THREW BEERS AT ME.. I COULD WRITE BOOK ABOUT IT...IF YOU DO PLAN ON HAVIING A CHILD HAVE HIM GET HELP- IF HE DOES NOT WANT HELP- DO NOT HAVE KIDS... NONONONO...
    costa678

Answer by costa678 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry :( I dont know what to say to make you feel better... You should get your hubby help if he is a alcholic... But you have the right to be in pain about not having a child... Remember if your making him feel like its him he may drink more... You two are a team, thats why your married, you love him and you need to let him know... It may not be the drinking that is causing you not to be preg.... You both need to see a doc to determine the problem... They may put him on a pill to help him little guys swim - or you to up ur egg drop count.... Good Luck! I hope it all works out :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Don't do it! I grew up with an alcoholic father. He was very abusive to me and never paid attention to me. It would be unfair to bring a child into havoc like that. A child deserves to have the love and attention from both parents.
    Anonymous