Taking pregnancy test early

Has anyone had correct results from taking a pregnancy test early? This is my husband and my 2nd time trying for baby number two and I am so anxious to take a test early, but am not expecting my period until Sunday. Should I try it or leave it?

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 8:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Personally for me it never showed up positive early, even when I was pregnant. I usually got a positive 10 days late. Don't go by these tests, because it may say negative, but you really are pregnant and not know it and smoke or drink, etc. I understand being anxious, but you can waste a lot of time and money on these tests if taken too early. On the flip side, some women do get a positive result early. It's kinda russian roulette.
    HoodiaGirl

Answer by HoodiaGirl at 8:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You're right! Came up negative. Who knows. . . .
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 10:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It all depends on when the egg implants itself (if it does) With my last one I tested positive at 11 dpo.
    try testing in a few days and hopefully you will get your +. good luck
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 10:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yes! with both pregnancies i tested 3-5 days before i ever missed my period (first pregnancy it was 5 days 2nd it was 3) the tests came back postive! with the first pregnancy i took 7 tests within 48hrs and they were all positive, with my 2nd pregnancy i took 5 3 days before i was scheduled to start my period those were all positivie too.... i guess it just depends on how strong the preg hormone is in your body! if you decide to test early make sure and do it in the am thats when the hormone is strongest!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was expecting my period on the 18th of March. I had a miscarriage 4 months ago and my husband and I felt it was time to TTC again. After a few weeks I suspected I was pregnant b/c I was emotional, had a bit of an aversion to coffee, dizziness, and a bit of nausea. I bought The First Response test and took one test about a week before and it came up negative. I took the other on the 17th and it was positive :0) I have lab work ordered for tomorrow to check progesterone and Hcg levels. My cycles have pretty much been normal so there was no doubt in my mind I was prego. I know how you feel, I was anxious to find out as well but it's better to check at least 4 days prior to your period to get accurate results. Blessings!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I took a test about a day or two before I was supposed to get my period and it came back negative. Then I took one after I was five days late and it came back positive.
    MyBoyAndrew

Answer by MyBoyAndrew at 3:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009