Sore Throat

I have had an itchy throat for the past two days, but this morning when I woke up, it feels very swollen and it hurts to swallow!! Should I take any over the counter medicine until I can get in touch with my Dr.? IDK What it could be from!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 8:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be just a nasty cold or it could be strep. Everytime I have a really bad sore throat, I think strep but the last 2 times, it was just the beginning of a cold. I don't know that I would run to the dr just yet. Wait another day or so and see if you run a fever. If its strep, you will know it. Drink something hot to see if it will burn out the crud in your throat. If you can do that and cough it up, its likely just a nasty upper respiratory. Sorry youre feeling badly.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it could be a virus... but you can take halls for the soreness
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 10:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It sounds like strep throat. I would go see my dr. asap..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have had strep before(this past december actually) and it feels like it! My throt isnt as sore as it was when i had it, but hopefully its not gradually getting worse and this is just the beginning! I dont have a fever, but I do feel VERY fever-ish and just BLAH! My Dr. still hasnt called me back =/
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2009